Monday, November 10, 2008

A mother's day...

I didn't take it

I only yelled in her face

crying

mooooooommm, ______ bothering me!

Mommy ____, pulled one of my hairs out!

can I have a candy for a snack?

Can I have another snack?

I don't know where my jacket is.

I can't find my socks.

Do I have to wear socks?

Can you take Goobs out?

I don't want her in here messing up my stuff.and so on and so on...

I think I will keep a notebook with me for the next couple of days so that I can write down all of the cute and funny things the kids say. I guess I should remember those things instead. Okay, so here are a couple of things that my kids have said to me recently that have validated my role as mother:

"Mom, thanks for making me wear my jacket!"

"Can we read another chapter of the scriptures today?"

"Mom, I love you."

Again, I need to carry a notebook with me because I need to remember more of the good things.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Oh our little children! I am beginning to think that newborns are MUCH easier to care for than 10 year olds. :-) Bless them...bless them all. :-)

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Good idea! Your kids are so cute!