So my all time, favorite Christmas movie is "White Christmas". Probably because it incorporates great singing, dancing, acting and I have been watching it every year for 20 or so years. Anyway, this year I was anxious to watch it again because it holds a bit of a different meaning to me. What I mean by that is, for those of you who are not familiar, it is about a couple of pals from the army. Okay, okay, okay, so the reason that relates to our big news is that, no, I am not PREGNANT (which has nothing to do with that show anyway) but, ...Jason is joining the ARMY! He will be signing on Monday for a 3 year term. (If you have dropped your jaw and are wondering why in the heck we would do such a thing), don't worry, we are really excited for this next adventure. Though I am sure there will be some rough times ahead, we feel this is a good direction for us at this time. For whatever reason, we also feel that Heavenly Father needs us to do this, and of course, that clinches it for me.:)
Our next step is Jason going to an intensive training in a few months to become a Human Intelligence Collector for the Army, so don't be surprised if the FBI comes knocking on your door this next year and asks questions about my husband. (They will need to do that in order to grant him the clearance that he needs for this job).
At this point, we don't know how long we will be enlisted but we will take it as it comes. I will continue to update my blog in order to keep in touch. Please keep us in your prayers!!
6 comments:
Wow, crazy!! That's not at all what I was expecting! But it sounds like a great opportunity! Keep me posted on everything!
Oh, and what's your address?
Wow, that is big news! Congrats! It is amazing how our life takes unexpected turns that are so meant to be!
A new adventure for you guys! Congrats and best wishes for you! Keep us posted - I know that everything is in the Lord's hands and you'll be blessed in ways you can't imagine! :-)
Jenae,
We've actually thought several times about the military. We haven't ever ruled it out as an option. I'm proud of you for taking a step that carries with it a lot of faith in the Lord.
Oh and can I get your address too?
amyvcpalmer@yahoo.com
Wow! HUGE news! Come on I liked the idea of AZ! (This is your cousin Shelly, I saw your mom this last weekend and it made me think of ya! Your family is too cute! You'll have to keep us posted on the whole army thing! Ahhhh!)
We love you and know the Lord will keep you, Jason, Sadie, Porter, Aubrie, and Kaylee safe on your exciting new adventure.
Post a Comment