Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ready or not...Here we go!!

This morning, while changing Kailey's stinky diaper:

Kailey: Mom...is that yucky?

Mom: Yes Kailey, but when you are ready, you can go to the potty on the toilet so you don't have to have poppies in your pants anymore.

Apparently she took it to heart because a few hours later, she asked the girls to go out of the bathroom so she could go potty. We all just kind of laughed, but, sure enough, she did it. she took off her diaper, put the potty seat on, climbed up by herself, and even wiped. After she was done, she grabbed a clean diaper out of the cupboard and brought it to me. She is so smart! The funny thing was is that she kind of acted like it was no big deal and seemed to wonder why we made such a big deal of it screaming "YEA KAILEY WENT POTTY ON THE TOILET" plus, everyone had to come and see for themselves.

I knew she was getting ready to be potty trained, but I have been holding off so that I could be ready. She is 2 1/2 so I guess she is calling the shots on this and going to get me ready whether I like it or not!:)

4 comments:

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Congrats! What a big girl!

Brianne said...

That's hilarious! Haha! What an independent li'l girly! Go Kaily! :)

Spring said...

That's awesome! Any time you'd like to loan her to me so she can teach me 3-year-old, I'm all for it!

Anonymous said...

That is sooooooooooo cool! I wish my boys were like that! Good luck!