Okay, so I wanted that to be a catchy title for my very own Christmas story.
I was at The grocery store last night with all of my kids because Jason was working and there was a limited time sale going on. Well, if you can picture the scene of two kids running one direction exploring and touching everything, while one the baby is crying and the other is trying to help with her...+ everyone is getting hungry... well I think that is explanation enough. You can probably see where I am going with that.
After we got all our groceries and headed to the front to check out, I let a guy go in front of me who only had a few things. I was not paying much attention to what was going on around me because of the screaming baby who was flailing in my arms and the two kids who were lagging behind because of something interesting that had caught their eyes. Well, after the cashier rang up all my things, she took a 20$ off her register and said the guy in front of me had left it for me to go towards my order. I was so shocked and taken back, that, instantaneously, my eyes filled with tears. I, all of a sudden, in the middle of the grocery store, was filled with an overwhelming, Christlike love for this stranger who had taken an opportunity to be Christ's hands on earth. It may not seem like a big thing to many, but I can hardly express how much that small, charitable act meant to our family! I would feel ungrateful if I did not take the opportunity to share this special experience, if not just for myself. I love the Lord and I know that he is mindful of our needs.
6 comments:
That is so sweet! It seems like you are being blessed in small financial ways at every corner. It's true that Heavenly Father does know us and helps us through our trials. You are so kind and charitable to others are you deserve every blessing.
I meant AND you deserve.....
Wow. How much I'd like to be that man. That's a truly awesome story. I'm in tears now! Look what you've done. And Jill is right--you and your family deserve it.
What a cool experience! It's always neat to realize that Heavenly Father works through others to meet our needs. I'm so glad that this man was able to help you out that night. What a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing :-).
Oh my, my eyes are filling with tears, too! What a great story. I needed that:)
You are such a good mother janae. I am spo very proud of you. I can see why these good thing happen to you. Bless your heart.
Post a Comment